Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Snow Is For The Birds



Although you can't see them because I scared them off when I opened the door.
Our local flock of sparrows and chck-a-dee's seem to be enamored with wifey's creation.
So now she offers a challenge to Agnes: she wants to see a photo of the kids making a snowman!
And I'll include all the rest of my blogging friends in that challenge.

This little guy is her return to childhood. A dirty little snowman was the best she could do with our wet sloppy mess the weatherman refers to as snow. It looks like it's pleading to the sun to put it out of it's misery. But the birds were perching all over it like pigeons on a park statue.
When this mess freezes we will probably loose our muffler on the van.
And it sure isn't doing my wood pile much good either, but I was just too tired to cover it after splitting it. Better luck next time.

7 comments:

Danni said...

Wow - I'd join you all in that challenge, if I could. We're just a rainy, cold mess over here...

Nice snowman!! :-)

frugalmom said...

yeah, no snow here....I know, tho. Dorothy should have to make a leaf and pine needle man....

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Funny snowman. I wonder if there was birdseed hidden inside of it?

Snow, Bah! It's been the upper 60s during the day, down to low 30s at night, though.
YOur snow sure does look pretty over there, though :)

~Lisa
New Mexico

Staying Alive said...

Wednesday morning and we have ice back on the pond. The ducks are hiding out. Some dream of a white Xmas and I dream of a white Turkey Day. Methinks it is going to be a cold Winter this year.

Y'all enjoy what the good God gives you.

Michael

Anonymous said...

I am hoping to not join you in the challenge as well. We don't have any snow right now and with any luck, we won't! Snow is for the birds and I ma going into hibernation mode...what a drag!

Country Girl said...

We will certainly have snow man posts once we get snow. Those are some of my favorite pics of the kids.

GreyWolf said...

Danni: Well ya got mud...Make a mudman and cover it with leaves and sticks for Maude!

Frugalmom: Force that little kid of yours to make one out of cookie dough then!! ;)

Lisa: well as a matter of fact, there was, and some nice grit too.
And the snow is pretty...MESSY!!!

Michael: I'm afraid I have to agree with you, and probably a long one too.

Warren: That's the best thing to do when you get a cold, hope you feel better soon. An ingenius fellow such as yourself should have no problem coming up with a snowman without snow.

Kim: I'll be looking forward to seeing the post.