Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day

I had a wonderful Father's Day. The kids were all here and brought pizza & bread sticks for supper (read: no cooking & no dishes).
Sarah was dressed to the 9's. She wore a black dress and looked very beautiful, of course she always does, but she seldom wears a dress, and I wish I had thought to get out the camera and get a picture.
Ang & Eric brought our grand-dog Ginger along with the kids. Our Bear was happy to see her but had to give Aden her kiss first. Those two have quite a bond going, but Bear is more leery of Ethan as he can get a little rough sometimes and Bears lets him know it. I doubt if Bear would intentionally hurt him, but Lynn and Angie don’t trust him. We put Bear and Smeagol the Beagle inside so Harley and his sister Ginger could run, and boy did they ever. Poor Harley isn’t used to that as he is mostly on a chain and they wore each other out.
The grand kids kept me busy riding them around the yard on my poor tired old electric cart until both of our batteries were wore out. Ethan just loves to drive that thing. He stands between my knees and doesn't want me to help at all; he still doesn't have the steering down pat just yet but does real well for his age. We chased poor Aden around the yard until she was all tuckered out. Then she wasn’t feeling well and I felt real bad.
Andrea had to leave early to get ready for work, the poor girl works mostly 3rd shift as an in-home nurse, with a lot of double shifts thrown in for good measure.
Lynn put the 2 Eric's to work on repairing our lawnmower which quit on us last week.
Angie had made us a special desert, Strawberry Ice Cream Bon-Bons with dark chocolate, which were delicious. Ang has become quite the chef and I am so proud of her. She is beginning to remind me of my Great Aunt Julia Baker who could whip up a sumptuous meal from anything on hand, and loved to spoil us kids with her marvelous deserts.
Late Sunday night we had tornado warnings but none developed in our area, although we had quite a light show, some rain and a little hail.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good day, dad. Sorry the kids drive you nuts with your cart!! :) And thank you for the compliment. I can think of no one better to be compared to!